A hot topic in Taiwan not long ago about plasticizer is still surrounding us! Other than toys, containers, even hand wash, hair sprays, perfumes and nail polish also contain phthalates, what actually does it do?
Phthalates are ester of phthalic acid and used to soften and increase the flexibility of plastic and vinyl. Phthaltes widely used in plastics and variety products, especially containers of beauty products.
Phthalates also use as fixative agents in synthetic perfumes to slow down the evaporation of the fragrance and promote a long lasting smell. Dibutyl phthalates is the main ingredients of nail polishes as solvent for dyes and as a plasticizer that prevents nail polishes from becoming brittle.
|Phthalates widely used in plastics|
this substance will go into our body through respiratory system, digestive system and skin. Studies have linked phthalates to hormone changes, lower sperm count, less mobile sperm, birth defect in the male reproductive system, obesity, diabeties, and thyroid irregularities.
Avoid toxic nail polishes
A study from Taiwan showed that long term ingestion of the toxic substances of plasticizers not only raise the risk of cardiovascular in humans, but increase the risk of heart and liver disease, and kidney toxicity.
Among all the beauty
products, nail polishes contain the largest amount of phthalates. We advice you to apply nail polish in an air flowing room to avoid headache, as well as do not take
foods after applying nail polish to avoid it stain on the food. It is the best to remove light colour nail polish after 7 days, and remove dark colour in-between 3 days.
EnnviroHome Cares For Your Life